Serving Society's Most Pressing Needs Through Social Business
We can create a world without poverty, because it is not the poor that create poverty
The Grameen Creative Lab’s vision is to serve society’s most pressing needs.The difference between rich and poor is not wealth, but opportunity. The poor are the world’s greatest entrepreneurs. Each day they must innovate in order to survive. They only remain poor because they do not have the opportunities to turn their creativity into sustainable income.
what we do
• We organize and consult on public events
• We publish books and articles on Social Business
• Our senior staff speak at conferences to cultivate a constant exchange on Social Business
• We network with the community of
• We brainstorm social business ideas at creative workshops.
• We experiment with our own Social Businesses on a small scale.
• We initiate and support academic research in collaboration with our partner universities.
• We consult corporations on how to set up a Social Business joint venture – worldwide
• We support investors and the public sector to create funds that run as Social Businesses
• We will create a certification methodology for Social Business
By defining entrepreneurship in a broader way we can change the character of capitalism radically
10 years for you in Social Business
In April 2008, Prof. Yunus visited Germany. A first contact between Grameen and BASF, one of Hans Reitz’s clients, was established. Together with Mr. Hambrecht, CEO of BASF, they developed a first idea of a Joint Venture between BASF and Grameen.
During 2008, Prof. Yunus and Hans Reitz deepened their relationship and agreed on a close collaboration. Hans Reitz became Prof. Yunus’ creative advisor and friend.
We follow the theory of change to measure our impact
We can put people's lives at ease and transform communities.
If we can educate our current
generation of youth on
If we can inspire them to solve social problems through sustainable business models.
If we can ensure access to all essential resources to the entrepreneurial
The Grameen Creative Lab's mission therefore is to accelerate Social Business
1. Create broad awareness for Social Business
2. Establish Grameen as a worldwide brand for Social Business
3. Create movement for Social Business worldwide
4. Establish Social Business as mainstream university case
5. Enable access to corporate knowledge
6. Enable access to funding for Social Business
7. Ensure quality control for Social Business